High Block in Front Walking Stance?
1. Which skill do you want to teach?
Front stance high block or fighting stance hook?
2. What skills do you want to teach each day?
Complex skills or simple skills?
Hook Punch in Fighting Stance?
1. Which makes more sense? A complex skill or a simple skill?
2. Which is easier to learn? A complex skill or a simple skill?
3. Which is easier to understand? A complex skill or a simple skill?
We teach only the best from kickboxing and martial arts. These skills are fun, easy to learn, and great for fitness. Students learn on the bag and with partners.
Rubber nunchaku adds a challenging and fun element to training. We do not teach “baton twirling.” We teach the Tadashi Yamashita nunchaku for self-defense system.
Our self-defense is based more on law enforcement than martial arts. No theory or complexity. Physical, verbal, and mental self-defense using real-world skills and drills.
(First half of a traditional class is spent on basics and kata)
1. Pull your hand back to your hip.
2. Chin up.
3. Keep your head up and still.
4. Square your shoulders to the front.
5. Leave your punch out.
6. Step through forward to punch.
7. Cross your arms, step, and block.
1. Keep your hands up to protect your face.
2. Chin down.
3. Keep your head down and move it.
4. Turn your body to protect your center line.
5. Snap your punch back to guard.
6. Step in to fire your punch.
7. There is no time to cross arms and step. Block in your fighting stance.
Empower Kickboxing is a rank-based martial arts system designed by Joe Lewis protege' John Graden.
Classes are not separated by rank. Instructors can reduce their teaching load because all students can attend any class.
We do suggest separating classes by age. 4 – 6, 7 – 12, 13+, and family classes.
Testing is optional for the school. Some award rank in paid belt exams while others award rank after a certain number of classes have been attended.
New students can be oriented into a class within 7 – 10 minutes and be comfortable from the beginning. No need for separate trial lessons.
Because we do NOT teach any traditional stances, basics, kata, or blocks, we can spend more time on the areas that students benefit from and enjoy the most. This creates a higher level of skill and student retention.
1. Most styles are designed to be difficult to learn and teach.
2. Most schools teach more material than necessary.
3. Most schools teach skills that are out-dated and will never be repeated outside of the classroom. When is the last time you did kata for a personal workout?
1. Would you take your kid to a swimming school that takes longer to teach your child to swim? It’s human nature to want to learn faster not slower.
2.Empower Kickboxing creates excellent black belts in less than half the time of a regular martial arts school.
3. Rather than teaching complex forms and techniques, we teach students how to master the basics of balance, striking, kicking, self-defense, and sparring.
4. We have a huge catalog of drills and scenarios with the best of martial arts, kickboxing, self-defense, weapons, and ground defense.
5. Students train hard and gain a high skill level because they don’t have to learn a lot of awkward material they didn’t sign up for.
6. All ranks can be in the same class which reduces the number classes that you have to each.
7. Students are more comfortable in black sweat pants or gi pants, their belt, and a school t-shirt rather than a traditional gi.
Our children’s program is different from the adults only because our self-defense lessons are age appropriate. For instance, it doesn’t make sense to do an ATM scenario with an eight-year-old.
Adults love that they are getting a top-notch workout while learning real martial arts and self-defense skills that keep the classes exciting and engaging. There are no “ancient Chinese secrets” in this program.
As a branded Empower Kickboxing™ licensee, you will get access to our proprietary system of marketing materials, lesson plans, and the support you need to succeed. Plus, MATA-Pro membership, the MATA Life Skills Program are included.
Empower Kickboxing makes it easy to teach classes by providing you with months of lesson plans that consist of self-defense, warm-up, learning modules, and cool down. You can modify them as you see fit. Each skill is demonstrated for you on video.
In addition to a beautiful branded website, you’ll get proven tools and campaigns to help you grow including email, text, and video marketing, seasonal marketing and social media campaigns.
1. A professional brand builds confidence in consumers.
2. Provides the collective support of John Graden and other licensees.
3. While licensees are not required to “follow the system,” Empower Kickboxing is a proven success.
4. Licensees are permitted to use either Empower Boxing logo and/or Empower Kickboxing logo.*
*certain restrictions apply
Add Empower Kickboxing to your existing facility.
If you already have a school or gym, add Empower Kickboxing to expand your market.
Own and operate an Empower Kickboxing school.
Own and operate your own Empower Kickboxing school in your market.*
*certain restrictions apply
What is Empower Kickboxing?
EMPOWER KICKBOXING™ is a complete martial arts curriculum designed by Joe Lewis’ protege John Graden as a program that students can MASTER FASTER!
Do I have to use the entire curriculum and replace my current program?
Not at all. Here are the various ways our current Founding Members plan to use EKB:
a. As their main program;
b. As a BBC Curriculum;
c. As a Master’s Club Curriculum or;
d. As a black belt curriculum (depending on your system).
e. Some will simply pick and choose techniques to layer into their current program.
f. Some will use it to streamline the operations of additional locations.
You have total control and flexibility with the program.
You must complete the MATA Certification Program before launching the Empower Kickboxing program. The Certification Fee is waived for Empower Kickboxing licensees.
No. You may and most of you will, but you may want to simply insert various elements of EKB into your current program until you get comfortable with the program.
We’re confident most schools will transition over but we’re happy to let them do it on their time. Some schools are using EKB as their Black Belt Club or Masters’ Club Program.
While this will vary school to school and system to system, we suggest you look at the EKB ranking system for year one. You then match up the EKB ranks with your students’ ranks.
For instance, if you have an XYZ color student who has been training for six months, that would equate to a EKB High Orange or Green belt. So, rather than having to go through six two-month semesters, this student might only do three semesters and then graduate into the Intermediate Year Two EKB Program.
No need to shut down. Start introducing the techniques to your students in class to build support and excitement. Create enthusiasm for these combinations before making changes to requirements. We will help you make the transition. In our experience, students really enjoy the combinations and see the Instant Value they bring to the class.
No. Empower Kickboxing™ is the name of the branded curriculum. Think about a camera store that sells Nikon. They advertise that they sell Nikon, but the store name is not Nikon. Empower Kickboxing™ is like that. You may be USA Karate which offers the Empower Kickboxing™ curriculum.
That’s entirely up to you. EKB doesn’t require you to be exclusive to EKB. Mr. Graden has always had the philosophy that the freedom to learn and grow shouldn’t be restricted by politics.
8. Martial Arts Teachers Association membership for Master Instructor
9. 100% Discount on MATA Certification and Rank Program for Master Instructor
10. SEO for your new website*
* Business Directories Listings
* Authority Local Citations Listings
* Press Release Marketing
* Facebook & Instagram ads done for you
* YouTube Channel designed and optimized for you
* Onsite SEO
* (does not include hard costs such as Facebook ad cost.)
Many schools have experienced a downturn in attendance in the first quarter of 2020 due to the virus.
In order to help schools to attract and engage both current and new students, we are cutting the Empower Kickboxing™ license fee by over 50% until all 50 states are open.
All new member license are subject to a 12-month minimum.
Contact us to set up a phone call to evaluate your situation and see if Empower Kickboxing is a good fit for you.